While we don’t pledge to be a fully sustainable brand, we are committed to do as much as we can to reduce waste and strain on the environment. That is the ethos that guides our Conscious Core Collection: Beautifully made jumpsuits that will last a lifetime, made with Organic Cotton and using more sustainable methods than conventional garment production processes.

To help you understand exactly how the CONSCIOUS CORE COLLECTION is a more environmentally friendly alternative to conventionally-made denim jumpsuits, we have listed its benefits below:

Why organic cotton is more sustainable than conventional cotton?

  • Organic Cotton eliminates the use of pesticides and fertilizers, therefore preventing the contamination of groundwater.
  • It has been found that the impact of water pollution of organic cotton is 98% less compared to conventional cotton production.
  • Organic cotton uses 91% less water than regular cotton
  • Organic Cotton creates 46% fewer greenhouse gas emissions than conventional cotton.
  • By virtue of being fertiliser- and pesticide-free, the soil in organic cotton farms acts as a ‘carbon sink’, absorbing CO2 from the atmosphere
  • Our Cotton is Certified by the Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS), which ensures it meets organic standards across the supply chain.

Ozone Washing Technology: Reduced Water in Denim Washing

  • Uses around 60% less water in the process of denim-washing, by using recycled water
  • Reduced discharge of excess indigo dye
  • Reduced carbon footprint

 

THE TIMELESS COLLECTION 

Our Made-To-Order collection isn’t yet fully sustainable, but we are proud to embrace production guidelines that are as sustainable as possible, such as:

  • Local Production: 80% of our production is Made in London, within a mile radius which translates into reduced carbon footprint. The remaining 20% is Made in the UK, therefore the journey from garment to your door involves as little travel as possible.
  • Deadstock: We are now introducing deadstock fabrics into our collection, which are fabrics that have been overproduced by the mills, often commissioned and left over from big brands or left as stock for suppliers. If unused, these rolls end up stagnating in warehouses and, eventually, in landfills. All the processes which go into creating fabric rolls – growing, dyeing, weaving to finishing – uses energy and water, so by using existing fabric we don’t need to repeat those processes again and eliminate waste from landfill.
  • Our fabrics are sustainably sourced: I have recently discovered Tencel which is appreciated for its eco-friendly qualities. Its certified natural fibres are manufactured using an environmentally responsible production process and are certified as compostable and biodegradable. Considering the lack of sustainable sequins on the market, we are using deadstock sequin fabrics as much as possible and are continuingly keeping an eye out for more sustainable options.
  • Made-to-Order: This means we don’t carry excess stock and do not overproduce, which again eliminates waste. We aim to sell through every single item, as we love creating each piece and want you to love it too! 
  • Timeless style: With our season less approach and our desire to produce quality pieces, our jumpsuits will last a lifetime and not just a season with emphasis on quality rather than fleeting trends
  • Our prices reflect the quality of our fabrics and British made production costs. We do not over inflate prices to reduce drastically in sales. Our makers are paid a fair wage, meaning that here in London they are paid at least a London living wage.
  • We post and package each piece ourselves, taking time to inspect quality and ensure each piece is received with love. We use recyclable packaging, which is kinder to the environment too.

 

You can also hire our Jumpsuits from www.mywardrobehq.com 
                                       'Everyone can do simple things to make a difference,
 and every little bit really does count' 
Stella McCartney